Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

7 April 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Characters You'd Like to Check in With

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
Top 10 Characters You'd Like to Check in With

Such a fun and original idea for the top 10 for this week's Top Ten Tuesday! Ten characters you'd like to check in with, so basically books/series which have ended and you wish you could peek in on the life of the characters you imagine they are leading years down the line after the story has ended. I think all us readers often fantasise about where characters eventually ended up, even after the end of a novel, so I love this week's Top 10 and can't wait to see other people's lists!



1. Jane Austen novels



I'm a big fan of Jane Austen's novels and I'd absolutely love to see what happened to all her characters after the stories ended. Did all of them continue to live happily ever after or not? Whom eventually ended up with whom? I also love reading sequels to Austen's books, so I immediately had to think of her work for this week's top 10!



2. 'The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants' series - Ann Brashares



I don't want to give anything away for those of you who haven't read the fourth and last part of 'The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants' series, but those of you who have read it will probably, just like me, wonder how the characters are doing now after everything that happened to them.



3. 'Twilight' series - Stephenie Meyer



I'd love to see how Bella and Edward and their families and friends are doing after the end of the series!



4. 'Harry Potter' series - J.K. Rowling



Of course J.K. Rowling let us glimpse into the future at the end of the Harry Potter series, but I'd so love to read more about Harry, Ron and Hermione and how they are doing now. I definitely wouldn't mind another 7 HP novels! *still keeping my fingers crossed for this*




5. 'The Babysittersclub series' - Ann M. Martin


I used to love love love 'The Babysittersclub' books when I was a teenager. I'd really like to see what happened to Kristy, Mary Anne, Stacey, Dawn, Claudia and the others. 



6. 'Little Women' - Louisa May Alcott



Another one of my childhood favourites which I still can't get enough of. I wouldn't mind visiting the March family again, seeing what all of them are up to now! And I have to admit, I secretly still have the hope Jo and Laurie ended up together... I'm sure I'm not the only one!



7. 'I Heart...' series - Lindsey Kelk



I don't know whether Lindsey Kelk plans on writing a seventh 'I Heart...' novel (I really really hope so!), but if not, I would love to just check in with Angela and the other characters one last time to see what they are all up to!




8. Nicholas Sparks novels



I would also like to check in with ALL the couples of Nicholas Sparks' love stories, to see whether they are still together and living happily ever after!



9. 'Something Borrowed' & 'Something Blue' - Emily Giffin



I know we were already lucky to get a sequel to Emily Giffin's amazing novel 'Something Borrowed', but I would really like to visit Rachel and Darcy again, to see where they are right now. The saying is 'something borrowed, something blue, something new', right? So I still keep my fingers crossed for a third part of the series!



10. 'P.S. I Love You' - Cecelia Ahern



One of the first chick lit novels I fell in love with. I loved Holly, the main character in the novel, and would love to visit her once more to see how she managed to pick up her life again after everything that happened.

4 comments:

  1. Great choices! I love Jane Austen, Little Women and Harry Potter!
    http://youmeandacupofteablog.blogspot.com/2015/04/top-ten-characters-youd-like-to-check.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great list, and so many wonderful characters to check back in with. Very much with you on the Austen and Potter fronts! It would just be so lovely to go back and see them all again and know how it all turned out!

    The Review Diaries My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. The HP & Twilight gangs seem to be making a lot of these lists!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun list! Harry made my list, too. :) Have you read Little Men and Jo's Boys by Louisa May Alcott? They may answer some of your questions if you haven't!

    ReplyDelete