Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

21 April 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 All Time Favourite Authors

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
Top 10 All Time Favourite Authors

Okay, so this week's top 10 is quite a mean one, making us only pick 10 authors to have on our all time favourite authors list! However, after some thinking and adding and deleting names from my list, I've managed to bring it down to just 10. I have a good feeling this list will most likely look different in a few months, but for now, these are definitely 10 of my personal favourite authors!



1. Jane Austen



Always the author at the top of my list! Jane is my absolute favourite author of all time and I wish I could go back in time to meet her... If only!




2. J.K. Rowling



An author which I think will make it onto many Top 10 lists today, including mine. I've loved all of her works so far and hope we will be treated to many more in the future.




3. Nicholas Sparks



One of the best romance authors of all time, in my opinion, and also an author that has been on my favourite authors list for quite some time already!



4. Lindsey Kelk



I've loved all of Lindsey Kelk's novels so far and I can't wait to read her next release, 'Always the Bridesmaid.' Lindsey's writing is simply hilarious and her books always manage to make me laugh.





5. Ali McNamara



Ali McNamara's novel 'From Notting Hill with Love... Actually' is one of my favourite chick lit novels of all time, and so far Ali's books have never disappointed, which is why she deserves a spot on my top 10 list!



6. Meg Cabot



I fell in love with Meg Cabot's 'The Princess Diaries' series when I was a teenager, and all her other novels I've read since then have been thoroughly entertaining reads as well. 




7. Lisa Dickenson



One of the more recent additions to my top 10 authors list, but one that definitely deserves her spot! Lisa is not only a simply lovely person, but her novels are incredibly funny and just fabulous. I already can't wait until her next release!




8. Miranda Dickinson



One of my favourite romcom authors whose novels I always look forward to! Miranda is also incredibly nice and she shares really great vlogs with her readers every now and again and I can't recommend her books to others enough! 



9. Cecelia Ahern



I fell in love with Cecelia Ahern when I read her debut novel 'P.S. I Love You' and since then I've read almost all of her works and loved all of them. She really has her own distinctive author style and I love it!



10. Sophie Kinsella



As a true chick lit fan I can't possibly leave out Sophie Kinsella on this list! Even though I haven't read her entire Shopaholic series (I know, I should be ashamed of myself!), I've read almost all of her other novels and I always enjoy them thoroughly.

Who are some of your favourite authors? I'd love to hear from you! :)

9 comments:

  1. Definitely SOPHIE KINSELLA! Yasssss, girl. She is the amazeballs.

    I adore all the authors on your list too! Lindsey is FAB and an amazing author. I just LOVE her books.

    Lisa D? Oh gosh. I wish I could give you a massive hug all the time. LOVE her! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie Kinsellas books is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab post - my list would be almost identical! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish that Top Ten would compile all our lists every week. I'd love to see the overall winners!

    Here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved The Notebook movie and I have been wanting to read Nicholas Sparks ever since but I have yet to do it. Great list!
    My TTT https://jazminjade.wordpress.com/2015/04/21/top-ten-tuesday-favourite-authors/

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO many wonderful authors and so good to see some chick lit authors getting some love! Adore Ali and Sophie's books!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah you have such great taste Jody! Jane Austen, Rowling, Sparks! Love them all haha :-) Here's my TTT if you would like to check it out :-) Have a great day!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read many of the authors mentioned in your post this week, so I now have a few new authors to explore!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/04/top-ten-all-time-favorite-authors.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Jane Austen! She's my favorite too. :)
    http://youmeandacupofteablog.blogspot.com/2015/04/top-ten-all-time-favorite-authors.html

    ReplyDelete