Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

28 April 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Books Which Feature Characters Who Are Linked to Jane Austen!

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
Top 10 Books Which Feature Characters Who Are Linked to Jane Austen!

Those of you who visit this blog more often will know that I'm a big Jane Austen fan. She's one of my favourite authors of all time and I love picking up books that are even in the smallest way connected to her or her novels. So, for today's Top Ten Tuesday I decided to go with 10 books that feature characters that are in one way or another linked to Jane; whether they are fans of her work or looking for their own Mr. Darcy... Books which any Austen fan should definitely pick up! :)



1. Victoria Connelly - 'A Weekend With Mr. Darcy'



Victoria Connelly's 'Austen Addicts' series is quite simply a must-read series for any Austen fan! I love Victoria's writing style and 'A Weekend With Mr. Darcy' is still one of my favourite Austen-inspired books!




2. Karen Joy Fowler - 'The Jane Austen Book Club'



One of the most well-known Austen-inspired novels that was also turned into a film in 2007.




3. Shannon Hale - 'Austenland'



I love 'Austenland'; such a fun look at Austen's novels and the time she lived in. The book was also turned into a great film which is perfect for romantic comedy fans, even if you're not an Austen fan.




4. Syrie James - 'The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen'



A novel in which Jane's hidden memoirs are found after hundreds of years and we finally get to discover what her life was like exactly... Loved it!




5. Kim Izzo - 'The Jane Austen Marriage Manual'



I really enjoy Kim Izzo's work and 'The Jane Austen Marriage Manual' combines two of the things I love: her writing style and Jane; another fabulous Austen-inspired read! 




6. Marilyn Brant - 'According to Jane'



Another entertaining read in which the main character is suddenly stuck with the voice of Jane Austen in her head.




7. Alexandra Potter - 'Me and Mr. Darcy'



A thoroughly enjoyable chick lit read in which the main character goes on a guided tour of Jane Austen country.




8.  Laurie Viera Rigler - 'Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict'



The first part of Laurie Viera Rigler's Austen-inspired novels, 'Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict' is such a fun read, and I highly recommend the second part, 'Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict' as well!




9. Mary Lydon Simonsen - 'Searching for Pemberley'



Three love stories set at different times, with a link to Jane Austen... And a stunning book cover!




10. Melissa Nathan - 'Acting Up'


Another great chick lit read which focuses on a journalist who is asked to play the role of Elizabeth in a Pride and Prejudice play. A fantastic read!

7 comments:

  1. Great list, I always love discovering new Austen tied novels and you've put a few on my to read pile! Absolutely adore Shannon Hale's "Austenland", but loved the follow up "Midnight in Austenland" even more!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list!. Thank you for making it. I haven't read any of them. The book covers are also tempting ;D. I shall read them soon . Have you read the book 'Death Comes to Pemberley'?.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun list! I actually just finished The Jane Austen Book Club the other day, so it's funny to see it around today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list Jody! To tie it in with Jane Austen was a great idea, I'll be sure to add these to my to-be-read list :D Here's my TTT if you would like to check it out :-) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun list! I haven't read any of these, or really, much Jane Austen. I should probably remedy that, shouldn't I?

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute list! I keep meaning to pick up Austenland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! I love the topic you chose. I did mine on redheads; here's my TTT. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete