Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

22 November 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Books I'm Thankful For

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
10 Books I'm Thankful For

It's almost Thanksgiving, which is a holiday I've always found interesting but one I've never actually celebrated in my life. In the Netherlands we have nothing like it, but this year I can at least join in with a bit of the holiday celebrations with this week's Top Ten Tuesday list...! Books I'm thankful for. I have to admit I had to think a bit about this one; which books am I actually thankful for because of some kind of special reason? Well... I managed to come up with 10 titles and you can find them by scrolling down!

Be sure to share your own TTT's in the comments section below; I'd love to hear from you! 



1. 'Harry Potter' series - J.K. Rowling


I don't think I have to explain why I am thankful for these books <3



2. 'Pride and Prejudice' - Jane Austen


One of my all-time personal favourites and without this book my life would have looked quite differently.



3. 'The Wizard of Oz' - L. Frank Baum


One of my childhood favourites and just a simply amazing story I will never stop enjoying.



4. 'Twilight' - Stephenie Meyer


I remember picking up this book and while I was reading it I was reminded of how amazing and powerful a book can be. While I really enjoyed the whole series I specifically think this first part is still an amazing read.



5. 'A Christmas Carol' - Charles Dickens


The Christmas story it all started with; and a great example of the fact that people can change and that you should never give up hoping.



6. 'Mary Poppins' - P.L. Travers


Another childhood favourite of mine and one that also played quite an important role in my life (it even made it's way into my blog name and layout...!).



7. 'Wickham Hall' - Cathy Bramley


A more recent novel that is proof that chick lit is definitely not dead and can still be fantastic.



8. 'Something Borrowed' - Emily Giffin


A read that proves how powerful novels can be; a classic chick lit read.



9. 'The Notebook' - Nicholas Sparks


This was the start for Nicholas Sparks and since he's one of my absolute favourite authors, I can't NOT be thankful for this.



10. 'The Trouble with Emma' - Katie Oliver


A 2016 read I am especially thankful for this year because it shows how relevant Jane Austen's stories can still be, and I just love that authors are still rewriting her tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment