1. 'Harry Potter' series - J.K. Rowling
I don't think I have to explain why I am thankful for these books <3
2. 'Pride and Prejudice' - Jane Austen
One of my all-time personal favourites and without this book my life would have looked quite differently.
3. 'The Wizard of Oz' - L. Frank Baum
One of my childhood favourites and just a simply amazing story I will never stop enjoying.
4. 'Twilight' - Stephenie Meyer
I remember picking up this book and while I was reading it I was reminded of how amazing and powerful a book can be. While I really enjoyed the whole series I specifically think this first part is still an amazing read.
5. 'A Christmas Carol' - Charles Dickens
The Christmas story it all started with; and a great example of the fact that people can change and that you should never give up hoping.
6. 'Mary Poppins' - P.L. Travers
Another childhood favourite of mine and one that also played quite an important role in my life (it even made it's way into my blog name and layout...!).
7. 'Wickham Hall' - Cathy Bramley
A more recent novel that is proof that chick lit is definitely not dead and can still be fantastic.
8. 'Something Borrowed' - Emily Giffin
A read that proves how powerful novels can be; a classic chick lit read.
A 2016 read I am especially thankful for this year because it shows how relevant Jane Austen's stories can still be, and I just love that authors are still rewriting her tales.