Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

22 May 2014

A to Z Book Survey!

I was in the mood for a book blogger tag and found this A to Z Survey on Books, Biscuits and Tea; thanks, Vicky! Feel free to share your own answers by replying and leaving a link to your blog! :)

Author you’ve read the most books from:
Oh, I really have to start counting now! I think it has to be either J.K. Rowling, Lindsey Kelk or Meg Cabot.

Best Sequel Ever:
Ali McNamara's 'From Notting Hill to New York Actually', such an amazing read!


Currently Reading:
'Undertaking Love' by Kat French, and it's great!

Drink of Choice While Reading:
My favourite drink of choice while reading is a chai latte, but a regular cup of tea works just fine as well! :)

E-reader or physical book:
Definitely, without a doubt, physical books. I do read e-books with the Kindle app on my Ipad, and it's quite handy every now and again, but I think I will always prefer holding an actual book in my hands.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
Hmmmm, this is difficult. I'd have dated Harry Potter!

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
Sara Crowe's 'Campari for Breakfast'; I read this recently and it really surprised me, really enjoyed it much more than I initially thought I would.


Hidden Gem Book:
'Wish Upon a Star' by Olivia Goldsmith. One of the first chick lit novels I read and fell in love with, and I haven't met many fellow chick lit fans who have read the book!

Important Moment in your Reading Life:
It has to be reading the Harry Potter series. J.K. Rowling's books managed to make me feel so many different emotions. I've never been so absorbed by a book series, and it's an amazing experience that made me fall in love with reading even more.

Just Finished:
'Love Me For Me' by Jenny Hale, another wonderful read!

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
I'm willing to give most genres a chance, even though I'm not a big fan of for example erotica or horror. I do notice I try to stay away from science fiction, because it's just something I am really not interested in... Anyone willing to convince me to give it a try?! 

Longest Book You’ve Read:
I've had to read some pretty long books at university, but I honestly don't know which is the longest book I've read... Maybe the longest Harry Potter book?

Major book hangover because of:
I keep coming back to Harry Potter, but I can't help it, the series is just too amazing! It has to be 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.' I couldn't stop thinking about it for weeks.

Number of Bookcases You Own:
I have two really big bookcases in the living room of my apartment, I've got another bookcase upstairs, and all my other books can be found all over the apartment in piles or bags.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
Jane Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice.'

Preferred Place To Read:
I really like to read in bed in the morning, and otherwise in my comfy chair near the window in my apartment.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
"So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday.” 
'The Notebook' by Nicholas Sparks.

Reading Regret:
I can't help but judge books by their cover *hides under desk* Oh, and I always hate it when I have the feeling I need to rush through books because I have a certain deadline to finish it by (for example because I have to write a review by a specific date). 

Series You Started And Need To Finish (all books are out in series):
Meg Cabot's 'Heather Wells' and 'Queen of Babble' series.

Three of your All-Time Favourite Books:
'Pride and Prejudice' by Jane Austen
'The Notebook' by Nicholas Sparks
'Little Women' by Louisa May Alcott

Unapologetic Fangirl For:
Anything written by Nicholas Sparks.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
'You're The One That I Want' by Giovanna Fletcher.

Worst Bookish Habit:
Continually buying new books, putting them on my shelves, and ending up never finding the time to read them.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' by J.K. Rowling.

Your latest book purchase:
'Finding Coling Firth' by Mia March.

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
I get so sleepy in the evenings that I just can't stay up really late to finish a book because I always end up with the book falling on my face because I fell asleep without realising it... It's not the book, it's me! 

2 comments:

  1. Jodi, I too don't usually read science fiction by I really enjoyed Archetype by M.D. Waters. This book has a great story and a twist I didn't see coming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the recommendation, Milena, I will give the book a try sometime! :)

      Delete