Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

21 October 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top New Series I Want to Start

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
Top New Series I Want to Start

Over the years there have been so many amazing book series. 'Harry Potter', 'Twilight', 'The Hunger Games'... I love book series and for this week's Top Ten Tuesday I did some research which only made me add even more books to my wishlist. There are some amazing series I really want to start reading soon, and I'm always up to hear about exciting new releases. So, if you have any recommendations, don't hesitate to leave a comment!



1. 'The Mortal Instruments' series - Cassandra Clare


So many people are really enthusiastic about this book series. I loved 'Twilight' and 'The Hunger Games', so I have a feeling I will enjoy this series as well!


2. 'Divergent' series - Veronica Roth



I've heard many people talk about the film adaptation of Veronica Roth's 'Divergent' and I have to say it has made me quite curious. I prefer to read the books before seeing the film version, though, so I definitely have to pick this series up sometime soon.



3. 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians' series - Rick Riordan



Another series that caught my attention mainly through the films that have been based on these books. I really like the sound of this particular series and definitely want to give it a chance sometime.





4. 'The Selection' series - Kiera Cass



I fell in love with the pretty dresses on the covers of Kiera Cass' novels, but now I'm also quite curious to check out the series itself. Apparently you either hate it or love it and I'd like to see in which camp I will fit in!



5. 'Caster Chronicles' series - Kami Garcia



I saw the film 'Beautiful Creatures' last year and really enjoyed it. My sister really liked this series and the books have been lying on one of my book shelves for quite some time now... Really have to start reading them!



6. 'Austen Addicts' series - Victoria Connelly



I don't quite understand myself how come I haven't read all of the parts of Victoria Connelly's 'Austen Addicts' series. I'm a huge Jane Austen fan, I love Victoria's writing, and I thoroughly enjoyed the first part of the series. These books are definitely at the top of my TBR-list.



7. 'Beautiful' series - Jamie McGuire



To be completely honest, I don't even know what this particular series is about exactly. However, I've heard SO many positive things about it, I know I have to give it a chance.




8. 'The Wicked Years' series - Gregory Maguire



I'm a book fan of 'The Wizard of Oz' and this series is, of course, based on that particular story collection. I'm quite fascinated by Gregory Maguire's series and definitely want to sit down with these books someday.




9. 'Pretty Little Liars' series - Sara Shepard



Love the TV show, so have to give the books a shot as well!



10. 'Vampire Academy' series - Richelle Mead


I'm not 100% convinced yet that this series is really for me, but I have to admit it definitely sparked my interest and I'm quite curious to give the first book a go sometime!

11 comments:

  1. Interesting mix of titles! I thought Divergent was quite good but I haven't gPot round to finishing the series yet. As for PLL, it was fine but I didn't feel the need to carry on.; Love the TV show though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Charlotte! I've heard many good things about the Divergent series, really want to check it out sometime soon! And I've heard different things about the PLL series, I definitely have to watch the TV show, though, everyone seems to love it!

      Delete
  2. YOU DEFINITELY HAVE TO START ON RICK RIORDAN'S SERIES! LIKE, ALL OF THEM!!! *intense fangirling screams*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhh! Okay, Kayla, you've definitely got me even MORE excited about this particular series, haha *adds it to 'read asap' list* ;)

      Delete
  3. I need to read something, ANYTHING, by Rick Riordan because I feel like I am missing out! And I highly recommend the Vampire Academy series but I feel like its gotten so much hype that I wonder if it can live up to it. =/

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same feeling here, I really feel like I'm missing out on something! Thanks for the recommendation, I look forward to giving the Vampire Academy series a try! :)

      Delete
  4. I absolutely loved The Mortal Instruments series! It was so great! I really liked Jamie McGuire's Beautiful series too!
    Happy reading!
    Kristen @ One Chapter Ahead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear, Kristen, definitely has made me even more determined to check these series out! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  5. Great picks! I have been meaning to read the VA series for years now, have heard nothing but amazing things. I think I was put off by the ugly covers, haha. I hope you can get to some of these soon :) Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment, Charnell, really appreciate it! I hope I will be able to pick up some of these series as well! :)

      Delete
  6. I tried reading Wicked because I love the musical, but beware it's nothing alike. I couldn't get very far into the book because it was really weird and difficult to read. But I have friends who loved it, so it could just be a personal thing. I am really interested to try The Mortal Instruments-I've heard so many people who are obsessed with it!

    ReplyDelete