Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

28 October 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Characters Who I Would Totally Want To Be For Halloween

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
Top Ten Characters Who I Would Totally Want To Be For Halloween

It's almost the end of October which means Halloween is coming up! I'm not a big Halloween fan, to be honest. This probably has to do with the fact that I'm not a big fan of scary films/stories, and we don't celebrate Halloween in the Netherlands (where I live). I do, however, love costumes and dressing up, so this week's top 10 is a great excuse to have a look at some lovely outfits based on literary characters!



1. Dorothy from 'The Wizard of Oz'



'The Wizard of Oz' has been one of my favourite films since I was a little girl and I even own a pair of ruby glitter shoes, so I only need the dress and basket to have the perfect Dorothy outfit!




2. Mary Poppins



Another absolute favourite of mine and I'd love a Mary Poppins costume!



3. Hermione from 'Harry Potter'



Not one of the most difficult outfits, but definitely the perfect excuse to walk around waving a wand and practising spells all night long!




4. Elizabeth Bennet from 'Pride and Prejudice'



I'm a big Jane Austen fan and Elizabeth Bennet is one of my favourite literary characters. Besides, any excuse to wear a pretty long dress...




5. Alice from 'Alice in Wonderland'



In this case I'd definitely go for the Disney version of Alice with a lovely blue dress and apron!



6. Wendy from 'Peter Pan'



And another lovely Disney version of a literary character, Wendy!



7. Elizabeth & Jessica Wakefield from 'Sweet Valley High'



This would be such a fun outfit together with a friend, especially with all the 80's accessories!




8. Scarlett O'Hara from 'Gone With the Wind'



YES to an excuse to wear a gorgeous Scarlett O'Hara dress!



9. Miss Havisham from 'Great Expectations'



This would be perfect as a Halloween costume, because it's the only outfit in this top 10 that's actually a bit scary in a way, haha!



10. Willy Wonka from 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'


A female Willy Wonka; the perfect excuse to eat chocolate all night long!

4 comments:

  1. Cute ideas. I loved Sweet Valley High when I was in junior high school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love Sweet Valley twins!! I'm totally dating myself. :)
    www.she-read.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Havisham scared me to death as a kid! So yeah, definitely scary! :)
    Great choices!
    http://youmeandacupofteablog.blogspot.com/2014/10/top-ten-characters-i-would-want-to-be.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. A female Willy Wonka is such a fun idea! As for Dorothy, I made that costume last year and it was beyond easy. I have zero sewing skills and mine came out perfect with a glue gun and only like 2 yards of fabric haha. Bethany Mota did the tutorial if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_nmPGZgFtM

    ReplyDelete