Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

3 June 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Books That Should Be In Your Beach Bag

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
Top Ten Books That Should Be In Your Beach Bag
 
I missed last week's Top Ten Tuesday, but this Tuesday I have another great top 10 of books lined up for all of you! This week's list includes books that should be in your beach bag this year. The days are slowly becoming warmer and lovelier, so I'm sure I'm not the only one who longs for some great days spent at the beach. If you are looking for the perfect beach read, be sure to check out any of these books!
 


1. Carole Matthews - 'A Cottage By the Sea'

 

I read this book last year and it definitely got me in the mood for summer! Grace and her two best friends are spending a week together in a holiday cottage in South Wales. The descriptions of the cottage and the beach immediately made me long for my own summer holiday; perfect for a day on the beach or pretending you are on the beach!
 


2. Nicholas Sparks - 'The Last Song'




I personally love nothing more than a great romantic story to keep me company during a long day at the beach, so the author that immediately pops up into my head is Nicholas Sparks. 'The Last Song' is a fantastic book and one that is set in Wilmington, USA; a setting that reminds me of beautiful views and long summer days.



3. Various Authors - 'Sunlounger'



What better to take with you to the beach than a collection filled with a ton of amazing short stories filled with sun, sand and cocktails, written by the best chick lit authors out there?! Sunlounger 2 is being released soon, so that makes two fabulous collections of short stories to take with you!
 


4. Lindsey Kelk - 'What a Girl Wants'



Lindsey Kelk's books are guaranteed great and funny reads. 'About a Girl' tells the story of Tess, who has just lost everything in her life, and decides to take on a job for which she has to travel to Hawaii. The perfect ingredients for an enjoyable beach read!



5. Lucy Diamond - 'One Night in Italy'



Another amazing chick lit author whose stories always make me smile. And with the mention of Italy in the title, I'm pretty sure this book deserves a place in my beach bag!
 


6. Alexandra Brown - 'Ice Creams at Carrington's'



The lovely pastel colours of the cover, the mention of ice cream... I have been looking forward to this June 2014 release for months, and I am sure it will be a summer best-seller this year! 
 


7. Janey Fraser - 'After the Honeymoon'



I've just read this novel (click here to read my review) and it's a wonderful story of three leading characters who spend a week together on a gorgeous Greek island in the sun. I didn't want to put it down, so perfect for a day in the sun!
 


8. Victoria Fox - 'Power Games'



Summer days on the beach are also a perfect excuse to pick up a scandalous and glamorous bonkbuster like Victoria Fox's upcoming release 'Power Games.' This would definitely go into my beach bag!
 


9. Paige Toon - 'One Perfect Summer'



Another simply wonderful chick lit read which I read in one sitting. Nothing too complex, just a captivating and romantic story... Love it!
 


10. Jane Austen - 'Pride and Prejudice'



And of course a favourite classic deserves a spot on this list as well. A story which I can dream from start to finish, and doesn't need my complete attention and focus... Perfect beach read!

Which are your beach reads for this year? I'd love to hear from you!

5 comments:

  1. I'm pleased to see 'A Cottage by the Sea' by Carole Matthews is at the top of your list! That was actually in my beach bag. Brilliant book to take on holiday..has a lovely, warm and happy ending, which is what you want, especially when you're in holiday mode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many cute covers on your list! I too love a good romance for the summer and Nicholas Sparks never disappoints. :)

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome picks! I absolutely love The Last Song, though it's the only Nicholas Sparks book that I've read. I'm hoping to read more of his books soon!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw Lindsey Kelk listed on someone's page. I'll have to check her out!
    New Follower!
    www.she-read.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your list! Some of these are authors I've not read before. Looking forward to checking them out!

    ReplyDelete