Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

24 September 2014

Weekly Feature: Once Upon a Story...


 'Once Upon a Story' is a weekly feature in which we go back in time and focus  on a specific novel that was released in the same month we're in right now (in this case May), but a few years back! It can be a women's fiction classic from the 1990's or perhaps a great chick lit read from 2011. I thought it would be nice to not just focus on recent releases, but also take the chance to jump back in time once a week and look back at wonderful reads that have been released over the years!

This week, we're travelling back to September 2012 to look back at...


'You are a remarkable woman and you deserve all the happiness, contentment and love in the world. I, for one, know that I have never met anyone quite like you.' 

When Rose Pritchard turns up on the doorstep of a Cumbrian B&B it is her last resort. She and her seven-year-old daughter Maddie have left everything behind. And they have come to the village of Millthwaite in search of the person who once offered Rose hope. 

Almost immediately Rose wonders if she's made a terrible mistake - if she's chasing a dream - but she knows in her heart that she cannot go back. She's been given a second chance - at life, and love - but will she have the courage to take it?

I haven't read Rowan Coleman's 2012 release 'Dearest Rose' yet, but I've heard so many incredibly positive things about it I decided to share it with all of you today for this week's 'Once Upon a Story...' The book was named the Best Romantic Read 2012 at the Festival of Romance and was shortlisted for the RNA Romantic Novel of the Year 2013. I'm familiar with Rowan Coleman's writing and really enjoyed some of her other novels, and I am sure this one won't disappoint either. The book is described as a warm-hearted and poignant novel and it's one of those books I think I can recommend without having read it myself!   

Be sure to visit the blog next week for another blast from chick lit past with 'Once Upon a Story...'!

No comments:

Post a Comment