Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

7 April 2017

A to Z Bookish Survey!

I had a look on the Internet for some fun book tags I haven't yet taken part in and stumbled upon the A to Z Bookish Survey on Courtney's blog, 'A Wonderland of Books'. It seemed like a fun survey to spend some time on, and I'm actually quite impressed with how the creator managed to think of some pretty good questions for all letters of the alphabet... OK, here we go!

Author you've read the most books from
I'm not 100% sure, but it has to be either Cecelia Ahern, Lindsey Kelk or Meg Cabot.

Best sequel ever
I have to go with 'Harry Potter' here, no other choice really!

Currently reading
I'm currently reading 'Bourbon Creams and Tattered Dreams' by Mary Gibson.

Drink of choice while reading
Chai Latte, if possible, and otherwise just a regular cup of tea with milk.
E-reader or physical book
I'm slowly but surely falling in love with my e-reader and the positive sides of it, but I can't help but still prefer the smell and feel of a physical book, and I hope that will still be the case in several years' time!
Fictional character you probably would have actually dated in high school
Hmmmm, I find that a tricky one. I have to admit I was pretty blown away by Edward from the 'Twilight' series when I read the books years ago, but I don't think I would have ever actually gone for a real-life vampire, haha.

Glad you gave this book a chance
'Girl Waits with Gun' by Amy Stewart. One of my recent reads which I hadn't heard anything about until I was contacted by the publisher, and it turned out to be a really fantastic read.

Hidden gem book
'Wish Upon a Star' by Olivia Goldsmith. The book that made me fall in love with chick lit, and one I never hear anyone talking about but which I still love.
Important moment in your reading life
Probably reading Jane Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice' for the first time when I was 15 or 16 years old; by that time I had no idea how much Austen would actually end up influencing my life and the choices I'd make in the future.
Just finished
'Don't Stop Me Now' by Colleen Coleman; a great read!
Kind of books you won't read
I've tried some erotic fiction but it just really isn't for me. Same goes for books about zombies, and anything science fiction, really. I just can't get into it.
Longest book you've read
Either the longest Harry Potter book or one of the classic novels I had to read at university... There were definitely some never-ending ones on that list...!

Major book hangover because of...
I don't experience many book hangovers, to be honest; it's usually quite easy for me to just step into another fictional world, but I definitely needed some time to recuperate after Harry Potter 6 & 7. 

Number of bookcases you own
Not enough for all the books I currently have, but I currently have 6.

One book you have read multiple times
'Pride and Prejudice'.
Preferred place to read
At home in the comfy reading chair in my living room.
Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you've read
"You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." 

*sigh*
Reading regret
I still can't help judging books by their covers, and I am 100% sure this is stopping me from reading some pretty amazing stories, just because the cover doesn't appeal to me, but I can't seem to stop myself...!
Series you started and need to finish (all books are out in series)
'Beautiful Creatures' series.
Three of your all-time favourite books
The 'Harry Potter' series, 'Pride and Prejudice' and 'Mary Poppins.'
Unapologetic fangirl for...
'The Babysittersclub', even after all those years.
Very excited for this release more than all the others
The next book in Lindsey Kelk's 'I Heart...' series. I can't WAIT for that one.
Worst bookish habit
Judging books by their cover. Not being able to read more than one book at a time.
X marks the spot: start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book
'Summer Daydreams' by Carole Matthews (actually one of the first books I reviewed for this blog...!).

Your latest book purchase
I bought several books in one go when I was in the UK a few weeks back.

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late)
I never have books that really keep me up at night, last time that happened was with Harry Potter...!

No comments:

Post a Comment