1. 'Wish Upon a Star' - Olivia Goldsmith
One of my very first chick lit reads and also one of the reasons why I fell in love with the genre, so I guess this novel definitely deserves a spot on this list.
2. 'Something Borrowed' - Emily Giffin
I actually fell in love with the film version first and then read the book and fell even more in love with that. A true chick lit classic!
3. 'From Notting Hill with Love... Actually' - Ali McNamara
If I would give a Chick Lit 101 class (how cool would that be?!) Ali McNamara's 'From Notting Hill with Love... Actually' would definitely be on the reading list.
4. 'Wickham Hall' - Cathy Bramley
Cathy Bramley undoubtedly deserves a spot on this list, but I wasn't sure about which novel to pick. I read 'Wickham Hall' last and loved every page of it, so decided to go with that one.
5. 'The Notebook' & 'A Walk to Remember' - Nicholas Sparks
I wouldn't really describe Nicholas Sparks' works as chick lit, but at the same time I couldn't leave his novels off this list. I love love love his writing and several of his books belong to my all time favourite reads.
6. 'I Heart New York' - Lindsey Kelk
One of the best chick lit book series ever and Lindsey Kelk is such a funny and simply fantastic author. Still waiting for this series to be turned into a TV show, that's how good it is.
7. 'Queen of Babble' - Meg Cabot
Love Meg Cabot, love this series.
8. 'Where Rainbows End' - Cecelia Ahern
Another one of my all time favourite authors and such a gorgeous story this is <3