Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

10 September 2016

The Harry Potter Spells Book Tag!

While I was on holiday in the UK a few weeks ago I bought a copy of the latest instalment of the Harry Potter series, 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.' I was incredibly excited to once again have a new Harry Potter story in my hands and I will be sharing my review of the book sometime next week. For now though, as part of the Harry Potter excitement, I've decided to take part in this fun Harry Potter spells book tag that I found on Tiffany's Book Blog
FLAGRATE (writing charm): a book that you found interesting but would like to rewrite
I had a good think about this and eventually decided to go with the 'Fifty Shades of Grey' series. I definitely think Ana and Christian have a fascinating story and make a good couple; if only the writing of the series had been a lot better...
ALOHOMORA (unlocking charm): the first book in a series that got you hooked
Without a doubt Stephenie Meyer's 'Twilight.' I absolutely loved the first book and was blown away by it and couldn't wait to pick up the second part of the series.
ACCIO (summoning charm): a book that you wish you could have right now
I was actually just thinking that I haven't read any Meg Cabot books for quite some time now, while I used to love her books when I was a bit younger. I'd love to check out some of her latest novels, so a pile of her most recent releases would be great!
AVADA KEDAVRA (the killing curse): a killer book
I'm not quite sure how to interpret this one: a book I found amazing or a book in which a lot of people are killed. I don't really read a lot of books in which people are killed (doesn't happen too often in chick lit, luckily), so I'll just go with a recent book that was a fantastic read and I'd have to go with Gill Paul's 'The Secret Wife.' Another historical fiction book by this author that blew me away.

CONFUNDO (confusing charm): a book you find confusing
I'd have to go with anything by Ernest Hemingway. Mainly because I just honestly don't understand why so many people find him such a genius...?
EXPECTO PATRONUM (patronus charm): your spirit animal book
It has to be Jane Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice'.
SECTUMSEMPRA (dark charm): a dark, twisted book
I also don't read a lot of dark and twisted novels... *rubs chin* I had to read quite a lot of J.M. Coetzee at university and those novels were pretty dark and twisted... Never again.
APARECIUM (revealing charm): a book that surprised you in a great way
I think I have to go with 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.' I was scared the book would only let me down because I had such high expectations, but in the end it really didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment