The lovely Emma over at Emma's Bookery always manages to surprise me and make me smile and this time she has nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award; thanks so much, Emma!
Scroll down to read my answers to Emma's 10 questions and find out who I've nominated for this award! :)
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the Award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate ten blogs.
Questions that were put to me
1. What are you currently reading?
I actually just finished a book ('The Rules of Love and Law' by Jeff Russell) and am about to pick my next read. I'm looking for a relatively quick read, because I have some other review copies waiting for me, but I haven't picked one yet!
2. If you could be any character in one of your favourite books who would it be and why?
Oh, this is such a difficult question! I think I would have to go with Elizabeth Bennet in 'Pride and Prejudice.' That means I would get to have my very own Mr. Darcy love story AND live at Pemberley. Win win, if you ask me.
However, I would also love to be Hermione Granger. But if I HAD to pick one, I think I'd have to go with Elizabeth.
3. Choose a superpower and why you want that power?
The superpower to be able to use any superpower I want to use at that particular moment in time? That probably doesn't count, right? Hm, I think I would go with teleportation, including being able to go back to the past. That would be pretty cool.
4. Favourite setting for a book?
Oh god, don't ask me to pick just one! I love books that are set in big cities like New York, Paris, San Francisco. Or books set in a cafe, bakery or book shop. But mainly I love books set in the UK, especially London or a small village... There's just something fab about books set in the gorgeous UK <3
5. Name five books you want to read but keep putting off.
Okay, here we go:
1. John Green - 'The Fault in Our Stars'
2. J.K. Rowling - 'The Casual Vacancy'
3. Lauren Weisberger - 'Revenge Wears Prada'
4. Jojo Moyes - 'Me Before You'
5. Amanda Brooke - 'Another Way to Fall'
6. What genre is your favourite and why?
Chick lit/romantic comedies, without a doubt. They're perfect for a hopeless romantic like me who hates unhappy endings.
7. What do you have planned for summer?
I'm actually going to the USA for the first time and I'm SO excited, I really can't wait!
8. Favourite TV shows?
Way too many. To name a few: Dawson's Creek, Gilmore Girls, Glee, Gossip Girl, Younger, New Girl, Agents of SHIELD, Nashville, Suits... And the list goes on.
9. What's your opinion on ebooks?
I have to admit they're quite handy and reading a book on an e-reader definitely has its perks. However, I will always always always prefer a paperback version of a book.
10. Snog, Marry, Avoid? Harry Potter, Neville Longbottom, Draco Malfoy.
Oh, I love this. I'd snog Neville, marry Harry, and avoid Draco.
Questions I'll be passing on
1. What was your favourite book (series) when you were a teenager (and which you probably still secretly love)?
2. Which genre do you absolutely never read?
3. Can you read a book while watching tv with one eye or is it too distracting?
4. What is your favourite place to buy books?
5. Which character do you love to hate?
6. What was the best book you've read in 2015 so far?
7. For which book would you like to make the soundtrack?
8. Do you read more books by male or female authors?
9. The perfect length of a book?
10. Which book would you want to read for the very first time again?