Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

9 December 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 New-to-Me Authors I Read in 2014

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
Top Ten New-to-Me Authors I Read in 2014

December is of course Christmas month, but it's also the month in which we get the chance to look back at the past year! In 2014, I was lucky enough to be introduced to several new-to-me authors; both authors that released their debut novels during the past year and authors that have been around for years, but whom I somehow hadn't been introduced to earlier. This week's top 10 includes books by new-to-me authors; if you have any authors to recommend, don't hesitate to get into touch! :) 



1. Amy Silver - 'The Reunion' 



This year I read Amy Silver's novel 'The Reunion' and absolutely loved it. I also have copies of Amy Silver's other novels, but never managed to actually read them. I will definitely pick these up in 2015, though, and hope they'll be just as amazing as 'The Reunion'!




2. Alexa Adams - 'Tales of Less Pride and Prejudice' series



Author Alexa Adams wrote her own retelling of Jane Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice' and I got to read all three parts of the series this year. I immediately fell in love with her style of writing and imagination, and can't wait to check out more of her work in the future!




3. Jane Green - 'Tempting Fate'



I can't believe it took me this long to read one of chick lit queen Jane Green's novels. I read 'Tempting Fate' and 'Saving Grace' this year and they were both amazing novels; definitely one of my new favourite authors!




4. Rachel Hollis - 'Party Girl'



Rachel Hollis released her debut novel 'Party Girl' this year, so she's not only a new-to-me author but new-to-the-whole-world! However, I absolutely loved this book and I can't add it to enough top 10's, so am grabbing my chance to also include her on this one! 




5. Danielle Steel - 'First Sight'



Another author who has been around for years and years within the world of women's fiction, and one of my mother's personal favourites. I finally read one of her books this year; can't believe it took me so long!




6. J. Courtney Sullivan - 'The Engagements'



I hadn't even heard of J. Courtney Sullivan when I got the chance to review her novel 'The Engagements' this year. I was blown away by the book and have high hopes for her other works.




7. Hannah Beckerman - 'The Dead Wife's Handbook'



Another debut novel that definitely made an impression on me the past year is Hannah Beckerman's 'The Dead Wife's Handbook.' A new author and I can't wait to read more of her work in the future.




8. Ruth Saberton - 'Escape for the Summer'



I also hadn't heard of Ruth Saberton and her work before I got the chance to review 'Escape for the Summer' last year. It was a thoroughly enjoyable novel and I really hope I will be able to pick up other Ruth Saberton works in the near future.




9. Sophie Ranald - 'A Groom with a View'



Another author who really managed to blow me away this year; I loved Sophie Ranald's novel 'A Groom With a View' and look forward to reading more of her work in the future!




10. Cathy Woodman - Follow Me Home


I really really enjoyed Cathy Woodman's 'Follow Me Home' and at first I didn't even notice it was actually the 7th part of an entire book series! I can't wait to read the other parts and check out more of Cathy Woodman's work. 

3 comments:

  1. Alexa Adams' Pride and Prejudice retellings looks really good and I'm definitely going to check that out. Thanks for the recommendation, and great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting list! I haven't read any of these authors and haven't even heard of several of them. I love the covers of the Amy Silver novels -- maybe I'll check them out.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thrilled and honored to have made this list! Thank you so much, Jody! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete