Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

10 November 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Book To Movie Adaptations I Still Need To Watch

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
Ten Book to Movie Adaptations I Still Need to Watch

I missed last week's Top Ten Tuesday, but am definitely part of the party again this week! :) And it's a fun top 10 with book-to-movie adaptations! I love films based on books, and comparing the two, obviously. Below are some of the ones I definitely plan on watching sometime soon... Fingers crossed I'll be able to find the time!

Be sure to share your own TTT's in the comments section below; I'd love to hear from you! 



1. 'Love, Rosie' (2014)



'Where Rainbows End' is my favourite Cecelia Ahern novel and I was really excited about the film version of the book. However, I never actually went to the cinema to see it, so it's still at the top of my list of films to check out!





2. 'Pride and Prejudice' (1940)



'Pride and Prejudice' is most probably my favourite book of all time, but I've never actually seen the first film adaptation of it. This 1940 classic looks wonderful, just like most old films are, and I really hope I will be able to watch it sometime soon.




3. 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' (2016)



The only film on this week's top 10 that still has to be released, but I decided to add it anyway. I read the book and enjoyed it more than I initially expected, especially since I'm NOT a zombie/thriller kind of person, so I'm curious to see what the film will be like.




4. 'P.S. I Love You' (2007)



Another Cecelia Ahern one. I actually tried watching this, but I just didn't feel the chemistry between Hilary Swank and Gerard Butler; not at ALL. I didn't even finish the film, but I feel like I should give it another try!




5. 'Saving Mr. Banks' (2013)


I know this film is officially not based on a novel, since it's more based on P.L. Travers' life than her work, but it's a book-related film that's on the number 1 spot of my films-to-watch list. I've been wanting to see this since it came out and I REALLY hope to finally sit down and watch it before the end of this year!




6. 'The Hunger Games' (2012-2015)



I actually saw the first film, 'The Hunger Games', in the cinema when it came out in 2012, but I never saw the other parts. I've heard many people really excited about the films, so hope I'll be able to watch all of them sometime.




7. 'Little Women' (1949)



I love love love the 1994 version of 'Little Women' with Winona Ryder and Kirsten Dunst; it's one of my favourite films, just like 'Little Women' is one of my favourite books. I've never seen the 1949 version, so definitely want to see that someday!




8. 'The Jane Austen Book Club' (2007)



It took me quite a while to pick up this book, especially seeing as I'm a big Austen fan. I quite enjoyed it and have to say I'm curious to see whether the film is better/worse than the book.




9. 'The Time Traveler's Wife' (2009)



I love Rachel McAdams; she's a brilliant actress. I actually haven't heard many great things about this book-to-film adaptation, but I'm still curious to check it out for myself.




10. 'The Last Song' (2010)
I love Nicholas Sparks books and films, so I don't know why I haven't seen this one yet. Perhaps it's the fact that I loved the book, but am not a big fan of Miley Cyrus... Still plan on checking it out sometime, though!

8 comments:

  1. Are you serious about PS I Love You?! I love that movie, but I haven't read the book. I really need to!

    My TTT http://wp.me/p3ftwe-LO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jazmin, yes, perhaps I really have to go the film another chance! You never know, maybe I'll see the chemistry this time! The book is definitely worth the read, though :)

      Delete
  2. Nice list!! I realize now that I forgot to add The Book Thief to my list this week too as I still have to read this book or watch the movie adaptation.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/11/top-ten-tuesday-ten-book-to-movie.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, 'The Book Thief', that's a good one! I also still have to read the book or watch the film. Let me know when you do, I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)

      Delete
  3. I've not seen most of these so plenty to get stuck into! Really looking forward to P&P and Zombies though :D

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Time Traveler's Wife is one of my favorite books, but the movie kind of sucked despite all of the talent involved...

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really curious to see it, especially since quite a lot of people who loved the book didn't end up loving the film. Thanks for checking out my TTT, Lauren!

      Delete