Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

16 December 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Books I Read in 2014

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
Top 10 Books I Read in 2014

I have to admit this is one of the Top Ten Tuesday lists I look forward to every year, but also one of the most difficult ones! 2014 has been a brilliant year in which I've had the chance to read some amazing books, not just chick lit but other genres as well. It's always difficult to just pick 10 books out of the pile which I enjoyed the most, but I tried my best and the 10 titles mentioned underneath are definitely at the top of my 2014 reading list!



1. Amy Silver - 'The Reunion' 



'The Reunion' was one of the first books I read this year and one that stayed with me for months to come. I've been recommending it to lots of people, because it is an amazing novel filled with so much emotion. As soon as I'd read it I knew it would be part of my top 10 of this year, and here it is!




2. Hannah Beckerman - 'The Dead Wife's Handbook'



One of the most touching novels I read this year and also one of the best debuts of 2014. If you're looking for an emotional read that will certainly make you shed a few tears along the way, definitely pick this up because you won't be disappointed.




3. Rachel Hollis - 'Party Girl'



This is one of those novels I enjoyed from start to finish and which I just didn't want to end, ever. Such a fun and entertaining chick lit read, I can't wait to read more of Rachel Hollis' work in the future! 




4. Jane Green - 'Tempting Fate'



The first Jane Green novel I read and it blew me away. Another read I couldn't put down and a story that stayed with me.




5. Laura Tait & Jimmy Rice - 'The Best Thing That Never Happened to Me'



A brilliant debut novel by Laura Tait and Jimmy Rice; perfect for fans of romantic comedies, like me. 




6. Lisa Dickenson - 'You Had Me at Merlot'



I honestly think Lisa Dickenson is one of the upcoming chick lit queens of the future. Her novels are so entertaining and funny, I honestly can't get enough of them and I really hope I'll get to read some more of her work in 2015!




7. Sophie Hart - 'A Girl's Guide to the Birds and the Bees'



One of my favourite books and favourite covers of 2014. Sophie Hart has a wonderful writing style and I couldn't get enough of her characters and the stories they had to tell.




8. Ellie Adams - 'It Had to Be You'



Another fabulous chick lit novel which I can't recommend enough. I loved this, every page of it, and it rightfully deserves a place on this week's list!





9. Giovanna Fletcher - 'You're the One That I Want'



Giovanna Fletcher's second novel 'You're the One That I Want' was another fantastic read, just like her debut novel, and I hope we will be treated to another one of her books in 2015!




10. Claudia Carroll - 'Love Me or Leave Me'



Undoubtedly one of the best chick lit novels of 2014, in my opinion. A great book with a great cover and one I highly recommend to all chick lit fans.

Which books made your top 10 of 2014?

4 comments:

  1. I also enjoyed Giovanna Fletcher's You're The One That I Want this year. She's a fantastic writer. It loks like you've had a great reading year MY TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She definitely is, I really enjoyed both of her books! Thanks for visiting and replying, Chrissi! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm not a chick-lit person at all, so our top 10 is very very different. :) Still, I love seeing what others are loving. Thanks for sharing! Here's my Favorite Books of 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I can imagine! It's great to get some book inspiration from people who love other genres, though! Thanks for stopping by, Karsyn!

      Delete