Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

24 January 2016

Soundtrack of My Life Book Tag!

A few weeks ago I discovered Catia's lovely blog 'The Girl Who Read Too Much' and there is one thing Catia and I seem to have in common besides our obvious love for books: we both love book tags! She's got numerous fun tags on her blog and I decided to borrow one of them for this lazy Sunday! So, it's time for the Soundtrack of My Life book tag; as always, be sure to leave a comment if you decide to join in with the fun; I'd love to read your answers! :)

Opening Credits: Favourite childhood book
I remember loving Louisa May Alcott's 'Little Women' when I was just 11 years old; I even had a special children's version of the book which I couldn't get enough of. However, if we're really talking about books I loved when I was just a little girl... I distinctly remember being crazy about 'The Hungry Caterpillar'!

Waking up: A book that got you out of a reading slump
Well.... *knocks on wood* I hardly ever have a reading slump! I often hear other people talking about this, but it's something I luckily haven't experienced yet. However, whenever I feel like I need a definite great read to cheer me up, I grab a chick lit novel with a gorgeous cover and usually that does the trick!

School: A book you had to read for school that you ended up loving
Probably the biggest book love of my love: Jane Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice' <3

Falling In Love: An author you love so much you want to read all of their books
I could go for Jane Austen again, but no! Over the last year or so I've developed a serious crush on both Cathy Bramley and Lisa Dickenson. They're both brilliant authors and their chick lit novels are just fantastic. I'll read anything these women write!
Fight: Book with the best action sequences
I hardly ever read books in which there are action sequences, so I'll probably have to go with 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' because it has a pretty epic fight scene at the end of it (and I seriously can't think of another book I've read in which there actually was something even close to an action sequence....).
Break up: A book or series you didn’t finish and do not intend to finish
I have this annoying tick that makes it almost impossible for me to NOT finish a book I'm reading. I always have to finish the book I'm reading, no matter how much I am not enjoying it. However, I can safely say I will probably never ever finish the 'The Lord of the Rings' books. I read the first 50 to 100 pages and put the book away, and don't think I'll ever pick it up again.

Hanging With Friends: Book you think everyone else should read
'Pride and Prejudice.' Girls: because it's the best romance story and Jane Austen is a brilliant author. Guys: because it can teach them a thing or two about romance and Jane Austen is a brilliant author.

Breakdown: Book that seriously affected you/had you crying your eyes out
Yeah, I can't help but go back to Harry Potter. No book has EVER made me cry as much as Harry Potter parts 5 and 7.

Roadtrip: You favorite series (more than 3 books)
'Harry Potter' is definitely at the top of my list. However, I also want to include Lindsey Kelk's 'I Heart...' series, which is a must-read for any chick lit fan.
Flashback: Your favorite book from 5 years ago
5 years ago.... *rubs chin* That's a really good question. I already loved Harry Potter and Jane Austen back then, so they were pretty much at the top of my favourites list, I think. I also remember Lisa Jewell's 'Vince and Joy' being one of my favourite chick lit novels.

Getting Back Together: What book can you not stop rereading
Anything Jane Austen.
Wedding: A book that is really special to you
'Little Women' by Louisa May Alcott because it always reminds me of my mum and when I was still a little girl.

Moment of Triumph: Longest book you’ve ever read
Good question! I think 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix' is almost 700 - 800 pages...? I also had to read some really big books for my English Literature classes when I was at university, though...
Death Scene: Book or series you wish had ended differently
'The Hunger Games.' I actually quite liked the series until I read the last book. 

Funeral: Book with the best or worst epilogue
I have to admit there's just no epilogue that comes to mind right now... No worst one or best one. Anyone else have any suggestions?
End Credits: Who do you tag?
Anyone who feels like doing this tag! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment